Deck Railing: Outdoor and Exterior Railing
These fabulous deck railings are the best way to make a strong visual statement. Mountain Laurel Handrails are unique works of art for your deck. This exterior railing system is unlike any other. With beautiful designs you’re sure to find nowhere else, these handrails will give your deck a fresh new look. A beautiful deck demands outdoor railings unlike any other.
Deck Railings are Decoration
Are you looking to upgrade your deck in a grand, yet subtle way? Painting can be expensive and wear down. Canopies can break and get worn out very easily. If you want to change your deck’s look in a dramatic way, consider deck railings.
Deck railings are more than something to rest your arms on while chatting with friends during a cookout. Deck railings can also be a strong decorative element for your porch and your yard as a whole. So why would you decorate the outdoors with metal or plastic when you could accentuate the natural beauty that surrounds you by lining your deck with Mountain Laurel Handrails?
Deck Railing Systems for the Home
Mountain Laurel Handrails are made out of real wood and branches, and they really help pull together a natural, beautiful look for your deck. For an interesting look, the branches can be painted a complimentary or contrasting color. The twisting, turning forms of the branches as they intertwine between the top and bottom bars of the railing imitate the manner in which branches combine to make a forest. Also, the natural wood will compliment your wooden deck furniture nicely, as you can have the same look to your Mountain Laurel Handrails and everything that you use on your deck. Further, each piece has a slightly different design that will give your deck a unique look, setting it apart from every other deck out there.
Any part of home improvement is going to present you with too many choices to make, down to the last seemingly insignificant detail. This is absolutely true of deck handrails as well. Sometimes, it is difficult to decide amongst all the deck railing designs that are available. With so many different deck railing systems, like cable rail, wrought iron, wood railing, glass balusters, and more, it’s little wonder that this can be yet another daunting selection in the home planning process. Luckily, once you see some of the deck railing pictures on this site, you’re sure to be interested in the sinuous shapes of woven branch handrails. The shapes and designs of Mountain Laurel Handrails are simple yet elegant, classy yet subtle. With such a natural feel, they can match nearly any outdoor décor you may already have
These wood deck railings look wonderful with the nice deck furniture. The organic shapes of the railings plus the welcoming outside furnishings make this look like a charming spot for afternoon tea and crumpets. The forest beyond blends with the deck the handrails blur the line between the deck and forest. The natural shapes, colors, and textures of Mountain Laurel Handrails feel right at home in any outdoor environment. As the picture shows, the deck railings are subtle, yet add a polished feeling to the deck and its furniture.
Mountain Laurel Handrails are the Natural Choice
Mountain Laurel Handrails incorporate natural forms into your deck. Imagine the sinuous shapes of a the sun shining through the trees and these are the shadows you’ll see on your deck after your handrail installation is complete! The idea of natural shapes created by natural light incorporates a feeling of connection with the outdoors. You truly feel like you’re in nature when you’re sitting on your deck and it’s got a Mountain Laurel Handrail.
Mountain Laurel Handrails are an interesting selection which will definitely cause people to notice their artistic beauty and incredible style. Every single section is individually crafted so no two are ever the identical and each grows its own distinct pattern to make an exterior railing that is undeniably unique. This is a rarity with most brands these days. To be able to say that your deck railing is 100% unique is very uncommon. On top of it, to have this unique deck railing be so exquisitely crafted is even better.
For most homeowners, the way their house presents from the outside is very important. Deck handrail is an extremely visible part of an outside deck. Simply by adding or upgrading, you can completely transform the way your house looks from the outside. The best deck railings will transform a dull deck into an fascinating element of any dwelling. Take into consideration the diverse selections which are available. You’ll find other choices for deck handrail.
Deck Design Projects Require Planning
Getting a deck design right necessitates a good plan. Decking type, deck railing design, and overall dimensions are some considerations. Decking refers to the boards that comprise the floor. There are many different choices like composite decking, pressure treated lumber decking, and naturally durable decking. Handrail design options are also numerous. Glass balusters and glass panels are a popular and attractive option. The clear glass allows an unobstructed view of the outdoors. Another popular choice, especially on home styled after modernist architecture, is cable rail which is made by stringing thin, braided, stainless steel cables between posts. There are also composite rail systems which look very similar to pressure treated wood handrail designs. Wrought iron rails hail as one of the earliest forms of guardrail and continue a fine tradition of skilled craftsmanship.
This video shows some interesting deck railing designs to consider for your own home. Break away from boring, staid designs and move to something exciting and sensual! Incorporate the shapes of nature in your deck and enjoy the beauty all year long!
What are Some Deck Railing Ideas?
Here are some deck railing ideas to add the finishing touch to your exterior design project. The variety of materials available allows you to choose the perfect style to pick a complimentary railing to create a cohesive overall look. Consider each of the following popular choices to find one that reflects your personal tastes.
- Wood Railing- This could be a regular deck guardrail produced with vertical wood balusters or it may be an ornamental design and style. For a rustic look, nothing can beat the appearance of a classic wood railing. Create a traditional appearance with wooden balusters, either in a conventional rounded vertical design or ones featuring ornamental carvings to complement a more elaborate outdoor decorating scheme. Wood can be stained in the same hue as the rest of your deck, as well as painted to match any color imaginable.
- Cable Railings – These stainless steel wire railings can be a fantastic decision to emphasize robust horizontal lines around the deck. Cable railings are another good choice for homeowners wanting a modern feel to the exterior of their homes. Made from stainless steel, these railings can be configured to highlight the sleek lines of your deck, as well as be designed in other ways to create an industrial feel. They are a great choice for homeowners who like the minimalist look, as they add visual interest, without being overpowering.
- Glass Balusters – Glass is an excellent material for deck guard rails considering the fact that it gives lots of various configurations and selections. Glass allows more light to filter in, as well as offers a truly contemporary appearance. Depending on your tastes, choose from multiple designs and colors to match the rest of your exterior design. Have all your guardrails constructed from glass, or just a few balusters made from the material to create a lovely visual contrast. They make a stunning visual impact, especially if your deck faces the sunrise or sunset.
- Wrought Iron Balustrade – Wrought iron is really a classic material for balustrades and is actually a great solution for Tuscan style. Wrought iron can be introduced to both traditional designs, as well as contemporary schemes. Use it to highlight a Tuscan style or to add interest to an Old World exterior decorating plan. Use it in the handrails, balusters or other elements of your deck. It is the perfect choice for homeowners who already have a few wrought iron elements in their landscaping design, such as fencing or garden statues.
- Artistic Handrail – Some deck guard rails systems are wonderful and functional, like water cut metal panels or Mountain Laurel Handrail. Talk to a professional installer about other artistic options to add focal points around your deck. Consider plant boxes in the corners or hanging from the handrail or other custom options to make your outdoor space as unique as your interior design.
Perfect Outdoor Railing System
You have found the perfect outdoor railing for adorning your home with natural outdoor beauty. Mountain Laurel Handrails are the railing system of choice for homes with grand rustic style. These railings are all custom made to your measurements. They can be built to fit any conditions, even joined to round logs with intricate joinery and used as a stair railing outdoors. Since each project is made to order, you can choose the lumber species for the boards. The default choice is Western Red Cedar, but other popular choices include: Ipe, Yellow Pine, Oak, White Pine, and even composite lumber. Sticks are often reclaimed from land clearing adding a ‘green’ touch.
Only the most skilled of carpenters are able to create such wondrous beauty from these sticks and branches which far surpasses aluminum railing products. It requires a tremendous spatial depth perception to figure out how to assemble the sticks into artistic, eye pleasing shapes. Mountain Laurel Handrails can be used outdoors as a patio railing. They are a natural fit for a log cabin or timber frame home. And their rustic character adds a certain style to homes that choose to display the jewelry that is these railings. They are perfectly at home in an outdoor setting where they disappear into the surrounding natural beauty. There is really no other railing product that compares!
Take time to consider which type of guardrail and balusters would make the most impact on your design, as well as reflect your personality. Deck railings are an important part of making sure your outdoors spaces are safe, but it doesn’t mean they have to be boring. When doing any home construction or remodeling project, it is wise to seek the assistance of a skilled design professional to work with on your project. Mountain Laurel Handrails come preconstructed, and you simply need to install the individual sections on your deck. Suddenly, you have a fully detailed railing that will impress your friends and family alike.
Browse recent deck railing projects and pictures. [catlist id=7 numberposts=5]
Or leave a comment below and let me know what you think or if you have any questions.